Free Lifetime Warranty On Almost All Used Bikes
Our Standard Warranty
Every motorcycle we sell is covered by our standard 2 month or 1000 mile warranty. We make thorough checks of every vehicle we put in our showroom but occasionally things do go wrong. So in the unlikely event that you find something mechanically wrong with any bike sold by us within 2 months or 1000 miles or purchase please just pick up the phone and call us. We will do everything we can to assist you. We genuinely want to help - our business is built on word of mouth recommendation and satisfied customers.
What is the Lifetime Warranty?
On top of our standard warrnty we also offer a genuine Lifetime Warranty on almost every motorcycle we sell. We are offering to cover mechanical or electrical failure of any of the major parts of your motorcycle for as long as you own it and all we ask in return is that you have it regularly serviced with ourselves and keep the vehicle in line with the manufacturers recommended service intervals. So if your bike breaks down all you need do is get it to our premises and we will do the rest. No cost, no fuss.
Unfortunately as this is a private service solely funded by Fasttrack Motorcycles Ltd we cannot warranty vehicles outside of the standard warranty if they are serviced at a third party dealers.
Lifetime Used Motorcycle Warranty - Terms & Conditions
1. The Fasttrack Used Motorcycle Warranty:
- will, upon signed agreement by you to keep the motorcycle's service schedule up to date through regular servicing with Fasttrack Motorcycles Ltd, automatically apply to any eligible used 4-stroke motorcycle over 71cc which is purchased from our premises, except ebay auction sales, unless an exemption is agreed prior to sale between yourself and Fasttrack Motorcycles.
- is a warranty against mechanical or electrical failure and does not cover serviceable or consumable items such as brake pads, cables, clutch, chain & sprockets etc.
- does not cover the cost of vehicle recovery and it is the responsibility of the owner to arrange delivery of the bike to our premises in order to facilitate repairs under the warranty.
- does not transfer upon sale of the bike to another person or business.
2. In order to keep your warranty valid you must:
- book in and bring the motorbike covered under this warranty to our premises for a free mid-term inspection 2 months after the initial purchase and make good any necessary repairs or adjustments.
- book in, pay for and have completed with us a service on the motorcycle covered under this warranty every 3000 miles, each year, whichever is soonest. Initially this will be a Short Service, the next will be a Full Service, the third a Short Service and the Fourth should be a Major Service after which this cycle will repeat - Short, Full, Short, Major - until the vehicle is sold. Follow this link for our current service prices.
- book in, pay for and have completed with us all major services and adjustments as recommended by the manufacturer. If this coincides with one of the services above it will be deemed to have been completed at the same time for no extra cost.
- keep all serviceable items up to a satisfactory standard to prevent unnecessary deterioration of related components. In other words we will not accept responsibility for a scored brake disk when it could easily have been prevented by replacing worn brake pads or for problems caused by worn or dry chains or sprockets failing etc. We will advise you of any potential hazards at each service and offer recommendations.
- bring your bike to us for an inspection following an accident so that we can inspect it for potential issues and advise if anything needs adjusting or replacing that could lead to complications further down the line.
3. Exemptions. We will not cover:
- accidental damage of any kind.
- damage caused by racing, wheelies or burnouts etc.
- damage caused by failing to follow the terms of part 2 of the warranty above.
- collateral damage caused by failure of a warranted part.
4. Components covered under this warranty:
- ENGINE - Cylinder head, all internal bushes, camshafts and followers, cylinder bores, crankshaft and bearings, cylinder block or barrels crankcase assembly, cylinder head gasket, push rods, gudgeon pins, connecting rods and bearings, flywheel, oil pump, tappet gear, pistons and rings, timing gears, chain and belts (breakage only), valves and guides (except burnt out valves, de-carbonising and reseating). Two stroke power valve assemblies.
- GEARBOX - Manual and automatic, internal breakdown of any mechanical parts, including gears, selector shafts and forks, bearings and bushes.
- COOLING SYSTEM - Water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, radiator, oil cooler, fan, (excepting belts, all ancillaries and damage caused by impact or frost).
- SWING ARM UNIT - All bushes and components within the swing arm unit (but not dampers).
- CLUTCH - Mechanical breakdown, not wear and tear.
- INSTRUMENTS - Speedometer head, (mechanical failure only).
- ELECTRICAL - Starter motor, alternator/generator, rectifier excluding external wires and terminals.
- IGNITION - C.D.I. unit.
- FINAL DRIVE UNIT - Driveshafts, universal joints, bearings and gears, (excluding chains, belts, sprockets and rubber couplings).
- SUSPENSION - Rear suspension unit, loss of fluid, pressure or mechanical breakdown of the suspension joint.
- FRONT TELESCOPIC FORKS - Loss of fluid, pressure or mechanical breakdown of the suspension spring.
- BRAKES - Brake master cylinder and calipers including internal components, pistons, seals (excluding corrosion or wear and tear).
- CASINGS - Covered if they have been damaged by the breakdown of one of the parts covered.
- FRAME/EXHAUST SYSTEM - Failure of a structural member unless caused by impact or corrosion.
- OIL LEAKS - Leaks that require the removal of the engine, gearbox or final drive in order to effect a repair.